A total of 52 new products from a total of 115 entered into this year's prestigious DAME Design Award METS competition have been short-listed for final judging by the DAME Jury, who will eventually choose one winner in each of seven categories plus one overall winner for 2013.
The DAME Design Award, held every year in conjunction with METS, promotes the importance of design for all marine products, from function to aesthetics and from packaging to end product. The short listed products are divided into seven categories:
1. Marine electronics and related software
2. Interior equipment, furnishings, materials, and electrical fittings used in cabins
3. Marina equipment, boatyard equipment, and boat construction tools and
4. Deck equipment, sails, and rigging
5. Clothing and crew accessories
6. Lifesaving and safety equipment
7. Machinery, propulsion, mechanical and electrical systems, and fittings
DAME 2013 received entries from all around the world, with the successful nominations coming from 12 different countries. Awards Jury Chairman, Bill Dixon, was pleased both with the quality of many of the entries this year, noting "the number of nominations this year is the highest for some time.'
The winners will be announced at the ICOMIA – METS Breakfast Briefing, to be held on Tuesday November 19th prior to the start of the 26th METS, held at the Amsterdam RAI in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Click here to view a full list of finalists.