The theme of this year's American Boat Builders and Repairers Association (ABBRA) Boatyard Business Conference is Reflect, Rethink, Refocus: Business Leadership for Tomorrow's Boat Building and Repair Industry. The association has also announced its line-up of topics and speakers for the event, which will take place from January 22 to 24 inclusive at the B Ocean Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Conference participants will receive updates on opportunities and challenges facing the boatyard/boatbuilding marine industry sector.
Registration is now officially open. Members who register before December 8 will qualify for an early-bird rate of US $295, while non-members can attend for US $395. After December 8 rates will increase to US $395 for members and US $495 for non-members.
According to organizers, the program will combine interactive sessions with experienced industry leaders, industry partners and leading non-industry experts with breakout roundtable sessions, and several networking and business-to-business events.
Presentations will include the following:
• Mark Lindsay, Principal, Boston Boat Works/MJM Yachts – "The Practical Application of "Reflect, Rethink & Refocus' for Your 2014 Business Plan'
• Tracy Mandart, AWMA, Wealth Manager – Regions Bank, Fort Lauderdale, FL – "Succession & Transition Business Planning Is a Hallmark of Leadership'
• John McKnight, NMMA and Gerry Nessenson, ValvTect – "The Facts About Ethanol, Alternatives and What They Mean for Boatyards & Builders'
• Chris Niles, UBS – "Reflect, Rethink and Refocus on the Economy'
• Jillian Murphy, The Syncretics Group – "Leadership at the Edge'
The event will also include a number of roundtables focusing on three different business aspects spanning both days of the conference: Business Development and Marketing, Operations, and Environmental and Safety.
The ABBRA Boatyard Business Conference is made possible through the support of presenting sponsors: Starkweather & Shepley and Great American Insurance Company – Marine Division. Additional sponsors include the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC), Sea Hawk Paints, My-Villages, Dockmaster Software, Mirka Abrasives, Interlux/AwlGrip, PierVantage, Lumishore USA, ValvTect Marine Fuel, and Gowrie Group.
For additional information on the conference or for registration please visit www.abbra.org or contact Gordon Connell or Nicole Hoekstra at 954-654-7821.
Founded in 1943, ABBRA is a national marine trade organization that represents, is dedicated to, and seeks to strengthen and encourage professionalism in the boat building, boat repair, and marine service industry.