The Marine Retailers Association of America (MRAA) Educational Foundation is now accepting member applicants for the 2012 Kevin Lodder Scholarship. The scholarship fund, worth US $3,600, covers the attendance cost of a week-long Spader Business Management workshop. Any employee of an MRAA dealership member is eligible to apply.
The Total Management Workshop is designed to help retailers increase their dealership's profits, stability and growth. According to the MRAA, attendees will receive instruction on a clear set of principles, processes and tools to take their company to new levels of performance and profitability.
The Total Management Workshop program covers:
• How to make faster, better decisions based on proven principles and ratios for business management
• How to achieve a highly profitable and adaptable business by effectively structuring a right-sized operation
• How to achieve excellent margins and competitive pricing
• How to create simplified score-keeping with a profit plan that connects the financial goals of the company, each department, and individual employees
• How to achieve rational inventory planning, higher margins, lower risk, more robust adaptability
• How to improve employee and customer communication, improve attitudes, and reduce conflict by mastering the four basic human styles
"Applying the tools and knowledge that I received during the Spader Total Management workshop has proven invaluable to our daily operations at the dealership,' says Eric Smith, Colorado Boat Center, the 2011 recipient of the Kevin Lodder Scholarship. "We have since sent two more members of our team to attend the workshop, as well.'
The 2012 recipient will be announced at the Marine Dealer Conference & Expo, set to take place in Orlando, FL, from November 11 to 14 inclusive.
The deadline for applications is September 24.
For more information contact Marge Eckenroad at 941-964-2534 or to apply, click here