Cowan Insurance Group is seeking to hire a Senior Account Manager to work out of its Cambridge, ON office. The company, which has 300 employees operating out of nine Ontario locations, is a privately owned insurance brokerage that specializes in business and personal insurance.
The successful candidate will be responsible growing the Cowan Marine program as well as developing and implementing the company’s sales strategy. Other responsibilities include generating new business, policy retention, obtaining referrals through existing clients, servicing clients with day-to-day inquiries, underwriting and quoting new and renewed business, and attending events in order to elevate the profile of the Cowan Marine program.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
• RIBO licensed, or the ability to obtain
• Demonstrated success in a sales capacity
• Minimum of 5 years insurance experience
• Strong knowledge of marine insurance
• Ability to manage work load effectively, especially during times of high activity and tight time lines
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines following company guidelines as well as in a team oriented approach to accomplish goals
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Highly developed customer service skills
• University degree or college diploma
• Computer skills in Word and Excel
• Valid driver's license and car
Candidates should submit their resume and salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com or fax (519) 650-6368. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.