An opening for the position of marina manager has become available at Harbour West Marina in Hamilton, Ontario. The Hamilton Port Authority is now seeking resumes for the position.
The selected candidate will report to the Chief Financial Officer/Vice President of Marina Services. In the role as manager, the hired individual will oversee the year-round management and operation of the marina, currently comprised of 200-plus seasonal and transient slips, boat storage facilities accommodating 300-plus boats, haul and launch services, fuel dock and other service amenities. In addition, this individual will promote the Harbour West Marina as a desirable recreational boating destination to the public and boating communities.
• Recommend, develop and implement practices, policies, programs and operating procedures to ensure a safe, efficient and compliant marina operation.
• Ensure slip and storage agreements are properly executed; propose amendments to agreements as required; implement and enforce rules and regulations contained within agreements.
• Prepare annual marina budget and quarterly forecasts, review financial results on a monthly basis and ensure the department operates efficiently and effectively from a financial perspective.
• Conduct regular inspections of marina facility to ensure facilities are maintained and meet all safety, legislative, legal, regulatory and environmental standards; coordinate necessary maintenance and/or capital work.
Marketing and Customer Relations
• Proactively develop and implement strategies to market available boat slips and boat storage space to ensure facilities are utilized at maximum capacity.
• Set annual pricing for marina services; conduct market research to establish and ensure all fees are competitive within the marketplace.
• Promote a positive image of the Harbour West Marina as a desirable recreational boating destination.
• Ensure solid relationships are built with marina stakeholders, industry leaders and the surrounding community, ensuring effective support for the implementation of future development strategies.
• In conjunction with the Human Resources department, facilitate the recruitment process for full-time and seasonal staff.
• Develop, coach and evaluate marina staff; ensure staff are equipped with proper tools and training to ensure an effective and safe work environment.
Minimum Education Requirements
• Post-Secondary Education in Business or related field (B.Comm, Business Administration, Marketing diploma)
• Preference will be given to candidates with a marina/recreational boating Industry background
• Five-plus years of progressively responsible managerial experience (please note: preference will be given to candidates possessing experience in the management of marina operations)
• Solid management, leadership, and organizational skills
• Solid analytical skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel and Word
• Pleasure Craft Operators Card; Radio Operators Certificate Maritime Card; Small Vessel Operator Proficiency training; Small Non-Pleasure Vessel Basic Safety (MED A3) training considered an asset
• Safe Lifting Certification for Marina Operators (forklift, cranes, mobile hoist hydraulic trailer, safe rigging practice) considered an asset
Resumes, including salary expectations, should be forwarded by Friday, February 28 to email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.