International Council of Marine Industry Associations (ICOMIA) is seeking a Technical Manager to work from the association's Egham, Surrey, office in the United Kingdom.
ICOMIA wants the position filled within three months' time. The Technical Manager would serve the industry's interface with both international and regional regulatory authorities and standardization bodies on technical, legislative and standardization issues covering recreational craft, restricted range superyachts and equipment including marine engines.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Responding to all technical related issues affecting recreational craft and restricted range superyachts and their engines
• Monitors, liaises and consults with industry and legislators on matters of legislation and standardisation affecting the design, construction and use of recreational craft and their engines
• Provides technical advice relating to legislation and ISO standards to member associations, their member companies, sustaining members and engine manufacturers
• Monitors IMO legislative developments in coordination with the ICOMIA IMO Representative
• Supervises ISO TC 188 standards development on behalf of ICOMIA
• Secretary of various ICOMIA Committees and working groups
• Participates in ISO TC188 & TC 8 SC12 Working Groups
• Qualified naval architect, marine engineer or boat builder
• Fluent English speaker with good written English and preferably at least one other language
• Excellent IT skills
• Confident public speaker and briefer
ICOMIA says the position offers an attractive package plus benefits.
For a full job specification contact Trudie Bloomfield – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the job will be accepted until August 8.