In total, 19 products have been recognized for technical advancement during the National Marine Manufacturers Association's (NMMA) annual Industry Breakfast at the International BoatBuilders' Exhibition and Conference (IBEX). The NMMA announced the winners of the 2014 IBEX Innovation Awards at the event, which is being held at the Tampa Bay Convention Center in Tampa Florida.
According to organizers, over 650 attended the Industry Breakfast that kicked off the show's opening.
"We are thrilled to be here in Tampa for the first time and feel the energy and excitement from the attendees and exhibitors as we kick off this year's IBEX event,' said Anne Dunbar, Show Director. "With a sold out show floor featuring 573 exhibiting companies, and over 7,000 marine professionals registered to attend, thousands of new and innovative products are being offered on the show floor, and over 55 technical seminars, the next three days will certainly inspire and educate boatbuilding professionals from around the country.'
The 2014 IBEX Innovation Award winners include:
• Boatbuilding Methods & Materials: Protomet Corporation, G4 Tower (Honorable Mention – Bogantec Marine, Eco-Teak System)
• Deck Equipment & Hardware: TACO Metals Inc., Stainless Steel Ratchet Hinge (Honorable Mention – JL Marine Systems, Power Pole Micro)
• Furnishings & Interior Parts: Kenyon International, Silken Grill Lid
• Mechanical Systems (Dual Winners): Dometic Corporation, Variable Capacity Chiller; Webasto Thermo & Comfort North America, Inc., BlueCool Variable Speed Chiller
• Electrical Systems: Marinco/Mastervolt, ProInstaller Series Clustering System
• Inboard Engines: Mercury Marine, MerCruiser 4.5L 250 hp Sterndrive
• Outboard Engines: Suzuki Motor of America, DF25A – Outboard Motor 25 hp
• Boatyard Hardware/Software and Dealer Equipment: Trimaco, E-Z Floor Guards (Honorable Mention – Skudo, Tack-Mat)
• Propulsion Parts, Gauges & Propellers: Gemeco Marine Accessories, Offshore Dual Engine Display
• Boat Care and Maintenance: Gold Eagle Co., STA-BIL 360 Fuel Treatment (Honorable Mention – Intertape Polymer Group, SMT-1)
• OEM Electronics: Medallion Instrumentation Systems, Medallion Viper II Malibu Command Center (Honorable Mention – Wet Sounds Inc., WW-BT VC Bluetooth Volume Controller)
• Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories: Magic Tilt Trailers, Custom Reinforced Tube Trailer
• Environmental Award: BluSkies International LLC, Diurnal Control Valve
BWI members who served on the 2014 IBEX Innovation Awards judging panel: Zuzana Prochazka; Bill Bishop; Ben Ellison; Brady Kay; Beth Leonard; Mark Masciatorre; and Judy Waldman.
NMMA created the Innovation Awards program to recognize significant contributions to marine technology. The winning products were selected from 90 entries by a panel of technical boating journalists from Boating Writers International (BWI).
IBEX is owned and produced by Professional BoatBuilder magazine and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). The continues through to October 2 at the Tampa Convention Center.