Marine business operators seeking suggestions on inventory management may benefit from the Optimizing Inventory webinar on July 25.
The webinar is being offered by the Amercian Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) and American Boat Builders and Repairers Association (ABBRA).
Stephen Bullard, Senior Sales Director for PierVantage will be making the presentation. Wilmington, Delaware-based PierVantage specializes in cloud-based software for marine business management.
Bullard has over thirty years of marine industry experience, with over twenty years directly related to the management of marine service facilities in New England and the Pacific Northwest. Previously, Bullard spent six years providing professional services and promoting marine operational software to boat yards, boat builders, dealerships and marinas throughout North America.
The 45-minute webinar is suppose to provide participants with suggestions on how to become more efficient with their inventory to improve profitability. A 15-minute Q&A session will follow the main presentation.
Discussion topics will include:
Inventory Management Organization
1. Inventory Functions
2. Organizational Responsibilities
1. Role of Purchasing
2. Purchasing and Inventory Performance
3. Determining How Much to Buy
4. Forecasting Annual Procurement Volumes
5. Purchasing Methods, Order Types and special orders
1. Parts Catalog
2. Inventory Inclusions/Exclusions
3. Excess and Obsolete Items
Inventory Accounting and Physical Control
1. Maintaining Accurate Records and Valuing Inventory
2. Cycle Counting
3. Physical Inventories
Evaluating the Inventory Management Function
1. Performance Measures and Indicators
2. “Real-World” Factors Affecting Inventory
ABYC and ABBRA members can view the presentation for US $89.95, while non-members can watch for US $125. The presentation will run from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST.
To register click here