The final call for manufacturers wishing to enter a new product for consideration in the Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards is two days away. All applications must be received by the end of the day, Friday January 14 to be considered.
Judged by members of Boating Writers International and organized by the National Marine Manufacturers Association, the Innovation Awards recognize new products for innovative distinction, their benefit to the marine industry (and/or consumer), practicality and cost-effectiveness. Products nominated must be made available to the consumer within 60 days of receiving the award.
Up to 14 new consumer marine products will be honored at the 2011 Miami show. Categories include:
- Runabouts and fishing boats to 24 feet
- Cruisers 25 to 60 feet
- Cruisers over 60 feet
- PWC, jet boats, pontoon boats
- Docking and fendering equipment
- Consumer electronics and software
- Consumer personal gear and soft goods
- Consumer installed non-electronic hardware
- Water sports and equipment
- Outboard engines
- Consumer safety equipment
- Trailer, parts and trailer accessories
- Inflatables, small boats and tenders
A special Environmental Award may also be presented to any product that provides an environmental benefit in the marine market (this award may not be presented depending on products available).