Legend Boats, Whitefish, Ontario, shared its plans for the 2014 model year at its recent dealer meeting in mid September. The event was held at Horseshoe Resort's Adventure Park in Barrie, Ontario, where over 50 different Legend models were on display including V-hulls and many pontoons.
"We had a fantastic turnout this year and a lot of units on display,' says Jacques Maltais, one of Legend's District Sales Managers. "One of our pontoons was placed on top of the hill where it was lit up.'
This year, representatives from just over 70 percent of Legend's dealer network attended the event. "Our dealer are our business partners,' says Maltais. "We wanted to make sure our new models would be well received and that we continue to build our relationship with our dealers.'
The boat builder revealed several new directions for its lineup for 2014. Among them, the company's Genesis series of pontoon boats is being replaced by the Legend's new ‘Enjoy' series, which will initially feature six models for the 2014 model year, ranging in starting price from $13,999 to $18,999. However, Maltais says Legend plans to keep its 20-foot Transporter model, but it will no longer bear the ‘Genesis' label. The Enjoy series features bright white and contrasting dark charcoal furniture, a new modern console and stylized external rails.
Other pontoon news from the company included the debut of Legend's new Bayshore Flex, featuring plush furniture, a rear fish platform and stylized external rails. The BayShore Cruise was also on display, featuring an L-shaped dinette, rear sundeck and stylized external rails.
Legend also introduced a new entry-level aluminum V-hull model, the 16 CX. The CX will be similar to the company's previous 16 Xterminator but will feature a full windshield and start at $12,999.
During the event dinner and awards banquet the following dealers were recognized:
• Legend Boats Award of excellence for Largest Dealer of the year was presented to Orleans Boat World & Sports in Ottawa, Ontario
• Legend Boats Award of excellence for Dealer Rookie of the Year was presented to Freedom RV & Marine in North Battleford, Saskatchewan
• Legend Boats Award of excellence for Most improved Legend Dealer of the year was presented to Marine Daniel Masson in Longueuil, Quebec
• Legend Boats Award of excellence for over 10 years of service was presented to Mécanique Sport Plus in Chibougamau, Quebec
• Legend Boats Award of excellence for over 15 years of service was presented to Nicholls Marine in Fort Erie, Ontario
• Legend Boats Award of excellence for over 15 years of service was presented to Hunters Bay Marine in Callander, Ontario
• Legend Boats Award of excellence for over 17 years of service was presented to North Country Marine in Kingston, Ontario
Legend Boats designs and manufactures twenty-five models of aluminum fish/ ski/cruise boats and twenty models of pontoon boats that are distributed through over fifty Legend dealers across Canada.