For the fourth consecutive year, the Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show has been selected by the United States Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration for its 2016 International Buyer Program (IBP). The program will bring buyers to the doorsteps of US boat, marine engine and accessory manufacturers, and is designed to connect international buyers with US businesses.
The National Marine Manufacturers Association's (NMMA) international team is now working with the IBP team to recruit qualified business-to-business buyers from around the world in anticipation of the boat show taking place February 11 to 15, 2016 at Miami Marine Stadium Park and Basin in Miami, Florida.
The Miami Show was the only boat event selected for the program. In all, 23 US trade shows were selected for the program.
The IBP is a joint government-industry effort that brings thousands of international buyers to the United States for business-to-business matchmaking with US companies exhibiting at major industry trade shows. The program was created by the US Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration to connect international buyers with US manufacturers looking for new sales opportunities.
"We are proud that, for the fourth consecutive year, the Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show has been chosen to participate in this important US business-driving initiative on behalf of the recreational boating industry,' said Julie Balzano, Export Director and the lead contact for the IBP program at the NMMA, the industry trade group that owns and produces the boat show. "To date, we have connected more than 500 international buyers from 26 countries to US boating businesses, making the Miami Boat Show one of the boating industry's key hubs for conducting international business.'
"The International Trade Administration is excited to support the Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show in 2016â€¦giving us an opportunity to help generate significant international business for US-based companies,' said Vidya Desai, acting Director for the International Buyer Program. "The Miami Boat Show highlights the recreational transportation sector and is an ideal setting for increasing US exports of these products. The boat show has generated millions of dollars in export sales for US companies through the IBP and we look forward to working with the Miami Boat Show again.'
Marcus Jadotte, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Analysis, says that last year the IBP brought more than 13,500 foreign buyers to 34 US trade shows, resulting in more than $600 million in international sales for US companies.
Trade shows selected for the 2016 IBP include:
1. 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show – January 6 to 9 in Las Vegas
2. Shooting Hunting Outdoor Trade Show and Conference – January 19 to 22 in Las Vegas
3. International Production and Processing Expo – January 26 to 28 in Atlanta
4. World of Concrete 2016 – February 2 to 5 in Las Vegas
5. DistribuTECH Conference and Exhibition – February 9 to 11 in Orlando
6. Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show – February 11 to 15 in Miami
7. Natural Products Expo West/Engredea 2016 – March 10 to 13 in Anaheim
8. The 2016 NAB Show – April 18 to 21 in Las Vegas
9. 2016 Offshore Technology Conference – May 2 to 5 in Houston
10. National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show 2016 – May 21 to 24 in Chicago
11. WasteExpo 2016 – June 7 to 9 in Las Vegas
12. InfoComm International 2016 – June 8 to 10 in Las Vegas
13. 2016 International Franchise Expo – June 16 to 18 in New York
14. Fancy Food Show (Summer) 2016 – June 26 to 28 in New York
15. 2016 Annual Meeting and Clinical Laboratory Exposition of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry – July 24 to 28 in Philadelphia
16. Outdoor Retailer Summer Market – August 3 to 6 in Salt Lake City
17. International Woodworking Fair – August 24 to 27 in Atlanta
18. Farm Progress Show – August 31 to September 1 in Boone, Iowa
19. Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference – September 24 to 28 in New Orleans
20. MINExpo International 2016 – September 26 to 28 in Las Vegas
21. International Baking Industry Exposition – October 8 to 11 in Las Vegas
22. Solar Power International – October 17 to 20 in Las Vegas
23. Greater New York Dental Meeting – November 25 to 30 in New York
NMMA members interested in being a part of the 2016 IBP at the Miami International Boat Show should contact Julie Balzano at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 441-3234.