Manufacturers wishing to enter their product in a Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards have until January 14 to submit their application.
The Innovation Awards, organized by the National Marine Manufacturers Association and judged by Boating Writers International (BWI), recognize products for innovative distinction, their benefit to the marine industry (and/or consumer), practicality, cost-effectiveness and availability to the consumer within 60 days of receiving the award. Up to 14 new consumer marine products will be honored at the 2011 Miami show. Categories include:
- Runabouts and fishing boats to 24 feet
- Cruisers 25 to 60 feet
- Cruisers over 60 feet
- PWC, jet boats, pontoon boats
- Docking and fendering equipment
- Consumer electronics and software
- Consumer personal gear and soft goods
- Consumer installed non-electronic hardware
- Water sports and equipment
- Outboard engines
- Consumer safety equipment
- Trailer, parts and trailer accessories
- Inflatables, small boats and tenders
A special Environmental Award may also be presented to any product that provides an environmental benefit in the marine market.