Naden Boats, Temagami, Ontario, was one of 16 award recipients honoured by the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (CBCF) in April. The foundation recognized the efforts of organizations and individuals at a special gala held at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
Naden Boats was honoured for the Pink Boat Tour campaign it organized last October, which included a donated 14-foot Naden Fisherman aluminum boat package being raffled off in support of the CBCF CIBC Run For the Cure in North Bay, Ontario. The raffle raised nearly $20,000 for breast cancer research.
"Each and every sponsor of items for the boat / motor / trailer package as well as each ticket purchaser, volunteer ticket seller and dealer who organized events were all instrumental in making this inaugural tour a success,' says Andre Lamothe, Owner of Temagami Boat Manufacturing, the maker of Naden boats. "Without all of you this would not have happened. I noticed when walking along the parade route and almost daily since then that this boat means a lot to people. It's a powerful sign of something good that can happen in the midst of this disease.'
The boat package also included a 15hp Tohatsu outboard, Easy Hauler trailer and a pair of Salus Marine PFDs (a combined value of approximately $7,000).
At the event, CBCF also recognized:
• Dr. John Semple (Toronto) – Cause Leadership Award
• Paul Guy, Nicole Noxon, Ashton Lubman and David St. James (Toronto)
– Community Event Commitment Award
• Mike Kiely (Blue Mountain) – Community Event Commitment Award
• Michelle Manglal-Lan (Mississauga) – Community Event Commitment Award
• Govan Brown and Associates (Toronto) – Corporate Commitment Award
• Rogers Radio Group Ottawa (Ottawa) – Corporate Commitment Award
• Stephanie Koett (Sudbury) – Erin McBride Leadership Award – New Run Director
• Susan Enns (Ottawa) – Erin McBride Leadership Award – Returning Run Director
• Brownyn Best (Toronto) – Outstanding Volunteer Award
• Scott Thornton (Blue Mountain) – Outstanding Volunteer Award
• David Warren (Toronto) – Outstanding Volunteer Award
• Michelle Blackburn (Thunder Bay) – CIBC Run for the Cure Commitment Award
• Wendy Garner (Waterloo) – CIBC Run for the Cure Commitment Award
• Wendy McCuaig (Kitchener) – CIBC Run for the Cure Commitment Award
• Maya Mainland – Gratton (Ottawa) – Outstanding Youth Volunteer Award