Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport International Boat Show, announced the results of this year's Newport For New Products (NFNP) Awards. The show took place from September 11 to 14 at Newport's waterfront on America's Cup Avenue in Newport, Rhode Island.
"We were extremely impressed by the number and quality of entries this year,' said Nancy Piffard, Show Director of Newport Exhibition Group. "This is a new record for the Newport for New Products program, and we are pleased to have these boats and products represent all of the new and exciting introductions at the Newport International Boat Show.'
The ninth-annual NFNP winners include:
• Best New Navigation Product: ForwardScan presented by B&G
• Best New Boating Operation, Maintenance or Safety Product: Wireless LED Lights presented by Nightwatch Marine
• Best New Sailboat 30 feet and Over: Gunboat 55 presented by Gunboat
• Best New Sailboat Under 30 feet: Wanderer presented by Zim Sailing
• Best New Powerboat 30 feet and Over: True North 34 Outboard Express presented by US Watercraft
• Best New Powerboat Under 30 feet: Vanquish 26 presented by Vanquish Boats
• Peoples Choice Award: Gunboat 55 presented by Gunboat
NFNP entries were open to domestic and foreign products launched in the US after April 1, 2014 that made their boat show debut at Newport. Show attendees selected the People's Choice Award winner; all other category winners were selected by a team of industry experts on the basis of innovation, value to the consumer, safety and aesthetics.
Show organizers say this year's event featured more than 750 exhibitors from around the world with an assortment of boats ranging from 15 to 110 feet as well as a variety of accessories, equipment, electronics, gear and services for boaters.