The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) has postponed its Superyacht Lifestyle Miami (SLM) event to February 2015. The association originally announced its plans for the event in mid November, which was suppose to take place from February 13 to 16 at the Museum Park's Deep Water Basin on the shores of the City of Miami.
"In consideration of the strong interest from potential exhibitors, sponsors, our members and the superyacht industry, we are postponing our Superyacht Lifestyle Miami event to February 2015 to better accommodate their needs,' says NMMA President, Thom Dammrich. "NMMA has made this strategic decision to best fulfill expectations of forging relationships between the superyacht industry and luxury brand categories.'
NMMA says it's broadening its global superyacht industry involvement while researching and providing strategies to support industry marketing initiatives. "In addition to superyacht initiatives already undertaken by NMMA, we are concentrating our 2014 efforts on understanding more fully the needs of the sector,' says Dammrich. "As we continue working alongside superyacht builders, brokers and industry groups, and attend global forums and meetings, we are directly asking the industry what it needs and how we can use our team to fulfill those needs. We believe our Superyacht Lifestyle Miami event will be enhanced by these efforts.'
NMMA outlined its superyacht sector endeavors as including:
• Participation and leadership in ISO and other standards for superyachts worldwide
• Advocating on behalf of the superyacht industry to protect it from harmful government regulation
• Partnering with superyacht industry associations and industry groups
• Providing strategic support to its accessory manufacturer members who are key suppliers to superyacht builders
• Developing export opportunities domestically and abroad to help grow the sector globally