Marine software supplier, Northport Systems Inc., Toronto, ON, is now a distributor of intelligent National Marine Electronic Association (NMEA)-compliant interfaces, gateways and cables from Actisense.
Actisense interfaces, connectors and gateways allow systems to operate together, while ensuring electrical isolation and compliance with all NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 standards. "All Actisense products are designed to simplify installation for builders, dealers and boat owners,' said Phil Whitehurst, Managing Director of Active Research Limited – the manufacturer of Actisense products. "The Actisense NMEA 2000 products are unique and ideal connectivity solutions because of their sophistication and excellence in quality, as well as their innovative problem solving in advancing electronic solutions in the industry.'
Actisense NMEA products available through Northport Systems include:
• NGT-1 NMEA 2000 Gateway – a full NMEA 2000 firewall gateway interface for PC or Mac systems
• NMEA Reader PC Software Tool – an NMEA Reader PC software tool allows NGT-1 owners to view and log data directly from an NMEA 2000 network.
• QPD-1 Quick Power Drop – provides separated and protected power feeds to both left and right sides of the NMEA 2000 backbone.
• NGW-1 NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 – a bi-directional gateway that makes it possible to convert NMEA 0183 data into NMEA 2000 data and vice versa.
• NGW-1-STNG Raymarine SeaTalk NG Converter – enables users to convert NMEA 0183 data into SeaTalk NG and vice-versa, providing seamless integration with Raymarine products.
• NGW-1-ISO-AIS – enables conversion of NMEA 0183 AIS data to its NMEA 2000 equivalent. The NGW-1-ISO-AIS provides an out-of-the-box solution for quick installation with no configuration required.
• QNB-1 Quick Network Block – when used on an NMEA 0183 bus, the unit provides a junction box to easily connect multiple NMEA 0183 devices together. When used in NMEA 2000 networks, the QNB-1 is a multi-drop backbone connection box with two backbone in/out connections and up to six drop connections, and a fused split power feed. A QNB-1-PMW version is also available and offers six Micro female drops for easy plug-and-play connection.
For more information visit click here