Fibreglass boat builder, Scout Boats, held its 2016 model year dealer meeting in late September in Charleston, South Carolina. The two-day dealer meeting included recognition of the brand's top dealers as well as the debut of Scout's all new 231 XS Bay Boat.
Scout awarded its top dealers and sales professionals from around the world based on sales figures from the previous year. The awards were as follows:
2015 Top Dealer Award Winners
• Ted Jones – Marine Max in Stuart, Florida (Top Salesman of the Year)
• Viage Group in Sarasota, Florida (Dealer of the Year)
• Seven Seas Yacht Sales in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (Top Dealer)
• Hall Marine Group in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina (Top Dealer)
• Max Marine in Cancun, Mexico (Top International Dealer)
• Sportsman's Choice Marine in Longs, South Carolina (New Dealer of the Year)
• Marine Max in FL, NJ, NY, TX, MD (Top Multisite Dealer)
During the welcome dinner, dealers and meeting attendees also heard an inspirational speech by the most severely wounded living combat veteran, triple amputee, Air Force Airman Brian Kolfage, Jr. "It was an honour and privilege to have Brian join us for our event and address our group,' said Scout Boats Vice President Dave Wallace. "He and his wife fell in love with our brand, and are working with our dealer, Legendary Marine, in Florida on the purchase of a new 350 LXF. We're honoured to be able to work with Brian as we customize his new model for his needs. We're all very thankful for his service to our country.'
Scout's all-new 231 XS, relatively new 420 LXF and other models, were on display for dealers, customers and media. Scout believes the 231 XS, with its high performance stepped, hull was well received by those in attendance.
Scout builds sportfishing, fish ‘n ski, walkaround, flats and bay boat models ranging from 17 to 42 feet in length.