Marine product retailer, West Marine, Watsonville, California, announced the winners of its annual Very Important Vendor (VIV) Awards at the Company's Watsonville Support Center.
"West Marine is proud to announce that Navico has been selected as the Vendor of the Year at West Marine's VIV Awards for 2013,' said Ron Japinga, EVP Merchandising and Logistics for West Marine. "Navico and all of the recipients of this year's awards have demonstrated a commitment to high quality products, sales growth through enhanced collaborations, innovation and excellent customer service.'
West Marine's Annual VIV Awards celebrates vendors who continually seek to satisfy their customers' needs and are innovative in their approach. West Marine says it considered several factors when choosing the award recipients, including consistent product quality, sales growth and the helpfulness of sales support staff.
Winners of West Marine VIV Awards for 2013 include:
• Vendor of the Year: Navico
• Best Sales Growth: LEHR Propane Outboard Engines
• Best New Product: Columbia's Omni-Freeze ZERO
• Best Supply Chain Partner: Xylem
• Best Store Sales Support: Big Rock Sports
• Best Omni Channel Sales Support: Jimmy Styks
• Best Port Supply Sales Support: Mastervolt
• Best Green Product: CFA Eco Bottom Paint by Kopcoat
• Best Vendor Representative: Greg Winfrey, Derema Group
West Marine, Inc. has nearly 300 company-operated stores located in Canada, the US and Puerto Rico as well as five franchised stores located in Turkey.